A traditional funeral service at Workman Funeral Homes, Inc. typically includes:
- A visitation or viewing
- Funeral Ceremony
- Use of Workman Funeral Home's facilities and staff or that of another facility of the family's choice
- A graveside committal service
- Professional services by Workman Funeral Homes, Inc. staff to guide the bereaved through the funeral and grieving process
- Personalization including flowers, photographs, music, and DVD tributes to make each funeral unique and meaningful
- Sale of necessary merchandise such as caskets or monuments
According to the National Funeral Directors Association, the ritual of attending a funeral service provides many benefits including:
- Providing a social support system for the bereaved.
- Helping the bereaved understand death is final and that death is part of life.
- Integrating the bereaved back into the community.
- Easing the transition to a new life after the death of a loved one.
- Providing a safe haven for embracing and expressing pain.
- Reaffirming one’s relationship with the person who died.
- Providing a time to say good-bye.
It is also possible to have a full funeral service even for those choosing cremation. The importance of the ritual is in providing a social gathering to help the bereaved begin the healing process.